Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love is in the air...


                                    (My hero saving us from the snake on our window)



Today I lived my dream and the entire reason I live here in Australia.  I laid on the beach all day long!  It was wonderful!  So of course I had lots of time to think...


I mostly thought about all the things people were doing around me.  I play a game with myself and like to come up with reasons why people are at the beach.  You know, if they are on holiday or if they live in town; if they are dating or married, or worse...secret lovers!  


But today was interesting because as I looked around there were heaps of old people.  I mean it must have been the retirement villages day to go to the beach.  But seemingly they were quite lively.  Most were lying around reading books or chit-chatting with each other. But the couples seemed to all be in the water, wading in the waves.  It was quite cute.  Some were splashing and others were holding hands.  


And it made me think of my Daniel.  How are we going to be when we are older...are we going to be that couple that ends up hating the beach because our fair thin skin will burn so easily, or are we going to be basking in the sun like we do now, frolicking in the water, holding hands and splashing each other in a flirting manner?  Only God knows.  


And then I thought, oh crap!  It's Valentines Day this weekend!  I forgot!  So I quickly said a thank you in my mind to these cute couples and rushed off to get Daniel a card!  Whew!  


Happy Valentine's to you all but especially my Daniel!


1 comments:

Mom said...

Just wondering what age the "younger" ends and the "older" begins. The leap from "younger" to "older" seems to narrow as "older" gets closer. (did you get that?)

Wish I could have been relaxing and day dreaming at the beach with you. What a time we would have. Young and Old together....heehee

I love you darling daughter.

Mom