Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Mother's Best Friend


I cleaned my house today.  It had been a while...well, 2 months to be exact.  Pretty bad, I know but lets not dwell on the bad and be glad that I am finally cleaning today (well, at least my Daniel and Adeline will be glad).   


So as I was cleaning, I was talking to my mother on the phone.  Inevitably, I always call my mother while I am cleaning.  It's as if I "channel" in her pedantic-ness through the phone and clean like her.  I mean she is the kind of woman when you see her house you would surely think she is a spokeswoman for the Container Store and is a distant relative to Mr. Clean.  So it's no wonder I would call her while I am cleaning.


But I call her a lot. Well, everyday, so I can "channel" her in for other things as well. Especially, when Adeline is off at school and I need someone to talk to because even though I enjoy some quiet time without Adeline, I always feel lonely.  It's great having such a wonderful mother, a mother I can count on and a mother that continually gives herself to her family even when they are halfway across the world.  



It's great to have my mother for a best friend.

   

2 comments:

Aunt Mary said...

You are so right, Sweetie! Your Mom is terrific and the best, and I am so glad she is your Mom because that means she is my Sis-in-law. LOL Love you, Auntie M

Mom said...

Not sure if I should be pleased as punch or mad as a hornet. Pedantic?? (a Daniel word, right?)

Your best friend; I'll gladly wear proudly.

Give yourself a big hug from your Mom who loves you mucho much.

xxoo