Monday, February 11, 2008

A Little bit of Oz
















This weekend was great! Friday was pretty nasty with the rain and everything, so we pretty much stayed in the car most of the day seeing sights. Saturday we went to church and then over to Daniel's Aunts house for lunch. Everyone was so excited to meet me and Adeline. Nikki had all sorts of toys for Adeline and all sorts of Australian guide books for me. I have been reading up on a "survival guide" and "The deadly snakes and reptiles of Australia". Yikes!! Adeline may never feel the grass on her toes again!

Sunday we went to the beach with Andrew and his girlfriend Kim. We all had such a good time and the beach was beautiful! I can't believe I live by the beach! How exciting! Adeline didn't like it so much. We took her shoes off and her pants and thought she would enjoy running around with all the other kids but she was not too excited about how the sand felt on her feet. I am going to have to ease her into it. At least I know she isn't going to run into the water without me!!

But the most exciting part of the weekend was feeding the kangaroos!!! At dusk in a park not to far away from the house about 50-60 kangaroos come out to feed. Most of the locals come out and feed them so they are really used to people. They came right up to us! It was great! Adeline had a ball. She kept yelling and screaming everytime she saw them hop away. It was precious.

So it was a great weekend and I can't wait to see what in store next!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I love your pictures from this past weekend. It looks like you had a wonderful time. It sounds like life in Australia is amazing. I miss and love you:)
Jaime

Anonymous said...

Hey Girly,Girly,Girly:
What a great weekend. Beats this Texas weather anytime. Addie looks like she is having a ball. Miss you guys.
Grammy