Wednesday, February 6, 2008

We have arrived!








Good'ay Mates!

We have finally made it! We arrived on February 4th in Sydney. The Sekulic men all came to get Adeline and I at the airport and it was so wonderful to see Daniel! I suppose I hadn't really realized just how much I missed him until I saw him. There was so much to get done back in the US that I don't think I had time to miss him. But when I saw him waiting for us all those emotions came rushing forward and wow what a feeling of joy and happiness to see him again. Adeline was a little in awe. She went straight to him with no problem and it's like they have picked up where they left off. She cuddles him and snuggles him as if he never left. It's so precious!

Newcastle is beautiful!! Daniel's dad, John, has a bird house in the backyard and last night he took Adeline down there to feed the parrots...yes, parrots! They are so colorful. Blue and green and yellow...Adeline loved it and has been staring out the door wanting to see them again. Too cute! There are tons of trees and everything is very green from all the rain they have been having. The house Daniel and his dad have is older but very nice. It hasn't taken Adeline and I long to feel right at home!

So as I said above it's been really rainy here. But right now the sun has decided to come out and all I see is blue skies! Adeline and I took a walk this morning and got to see all the kids headed to school. Everyone I passed was very nice and they all say hello and goodmorning.

I am very excited about our new adventures in Australia! I miss you all but am looking forward to our new life here!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber---I am so excited to be able to look into the window of this new adventure for you. Thank-you! Australia is a place I've ALWAYS wanted to visit. I've heard it is beautiful...I will treasure all your pics...it may be the only real glimpse I will ever have. I will be praying with you for God's purpose and plan for you and your family! Love & Prayers ---Sandy

Anonymous said...

G-day to you too. I am so happy that your little family can all be together again, and I am sure that Daniel is pleased to have you "home" again. Sounds like a beautiful place and I love that we have a site we can go to, to catch up on all your doings. Our love and prayers go out to you all that you will get settled into work, a routine, and eventually a place of your own that you can call home. You have so much to explore and learn about your new home and I am so envious of the beautiful weather and scenery you can view. It has been well below zero here and more snow is on the way. Give hugs to Daniel and Adeline and ask them to give you one back from me. You have our love and many prayers that God will bless you in this new chapter of your lives, and that he will show you His plan for your family. Hugs & Kisses, Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Amber,
Wow, I didn't even know you were moving out there. I am so excited for you, Daniel and Adeline. I pray for the best for all of you. Keep us updated!

Melody

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
It looks so pretty there. I'm glad Addie loves it already. The house has beautiful trees all around. We got to see baby Sydney on Skype today. She was awake and looked right at me...
She is so pretty. We love you and miss you so much already. Making plans to come soon.

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear cousin!!! I am so glad you made it alright. I haven't talked to you in so long I didn't know you were going already. I tried to call you but mom said your phone probably doesn't work anymore. I sent you a couple emails too but since I hadn't heard from you I figured you were getting ready to go. I can't believe you are gone already. It will definately be awhile before I see you again. As soon as Jason and I can afford a trip there we will come there. So do you get some time off before you start working there?? I bet this is so super exciting for you. I can't imagine what a wonderful time you are going to have there. Give my love to Daniel & Adeline. I love you and miss you and can't wait to come visit you!! Love always, Lauralee

josiegal said...

Hi Amber - I just wanted to say hello. I am so proud of you and I am very excited to hear all about your adventures there in Austrailia. Josie and I are doing great and wish you the best of luck and as always we send our love to you and your family!

Hugs,
kena

Anonymous said...

Amber, I am so happy to see pictures. It makes me smile to hear how well you are settling in and loving it. You are going to have adventures most of us can only imagine. I love and miss you and will look forward to reading and seeing more on your blog.
~Jaime

Anonymous said...

Amber- It was so good to see you and Adeline the other night on the web cam. I miss you guys so much. I will be looking forward to our skype communications as well as following you on your blog. Enjoy the adventure, and give Adeline a big hug and kiss for me. I bet Daniel is glad to see the two of you. I hope your life is everything you want it to be.
Love you all,
Dad

Aunt Mary said...

Family, I am so impressed on how you have acclimated to your new country. I remember Amber, when your family first moved from Calif to Texas and Grandad teased Nell about your you kids were going to grow up with a Texas accent. Well, it did happen and I think it will be fun to talk with Adeline when she gets to really saying words and even sentences to hear how much she has picked up the Ausie accent. Especially now that you are living in the middle of the dialect, not like when you three were still in Texas. We love you all and I am still jealous of you getting to go to the beach so regularly. Hugs and kisses all around, Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Amber--Hey whats up you guys look great.Adeline is so big wow.Tell daniel i love the bike your hair looks good could be better(haha)I know you cant wait to see your mom she is getting her hair done before she leaves..have you surfed yet.i always wanted to try..be good hang lose billy