Friday, March 5, 2010

Finally a holiday








My Daniel and I finally had a holiday!  Yay!  It was a little forced, meaning that our 1 day holiday turned into a 3 day holiday when our car broke down, but being the optimistic family that we are turned it into a positive weekend.  Byron Bay has to be the A-typical town of Australia.  When I would dream of Australia, before I moved here of course, I saw beautiful beaches with gorgeous people and lots of hippies.  But when I moved here, I found it surprisingly different...then there is Byron Bay.  It is/was my dream.  Fun, alive, great food, and great friendly beautiful people.  And we aren't talking about ordinary beautiful people, we are talking about the can't stop staring, they must be a model, man I look fat, type of beautiful people.  But these beautiful people aren't the same as say California type beautiful people, these beauties are all natural, which makes it almost seem hippie, like my dream.  Anyway, it really made me come home and hit the gym again.


But other than the beauties, the food was wonderful!  And being that we live in Kempsey and our choices of eating out consist of Macca's (Australia for MacDonalds) and KFC, really anything is better.  But our favorite was the OzzyMex Cafe!  Talk about bringing me back home.  Every bite of their food was like a little Mariachi band in my mouth.  It will now be our permanent holiday spot because of the following reasons:


1.  OzzyMex Cafe

2.  The lighthouse walk

3.  Seeing dolphins playing in the surf

4.  Great shopping

5.  The Bangalow markets (almost as good as Canton!)

6.  Beautiful beaches and people

7.  Little shopping carts in the grocery

8.  OzzyMex Cafe

9.  Did I mention the OzzyMex Cafe?






All I can say is, we will be back!


 

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Hooray for holidays and OzzyMexCafe. So glad you found some authentic Mexican food in Australia. Loved the little shopping carts. Your little helper is looking so sweet and cute. Hope to go there on my next visit. You all look so tan and beautiful. Not hard to fit right in with the locals at Byron Bay. Love you all mucho much. Happy Sabbath.
Mom

French Family said...

Maybe you can take us there when we finally make it out there! Sounds like a lot fun. Love from Colorado!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice when you get a few days off. Sorry your car broke down. Isn't the beach great. I love you three.
G-Pa

Unknown said...

well that was really nice to read that.. Byron bay is one of the amazing holidaying destinations and has nice views Byron bay luxury accommodation… You can really have great experience by staying there … I uses go with my family every year… that’s really great place…