Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Australia's #1 Kid


                             (Adeline trying so hard not to stick her tongue out at the camera)


I know that everyone loves their children but today I loved my daughter so much more that I thought my love barometer was going to explode.  You know, when you just want to pick them up and squeeze all the goodness out so you can gobble it up.  Ok, so here it is, first when I pick her up from her school, she can hear the car pull up in the driveway and she is screaming, "Mommy, Mommy...it's my Mommy everyone!" and she can't get to the door fast enough to give me the biggest hug I have ever had.  Love it...can't live without it!


Next, I take her to my WW meeting and you would think that after school she would be off the wall hypo or cranky since just having a long day at school.  But she was so amazingly great.  She started to get a little out of control when she saw a cat...and if you know Adeline usually when she sees a cat it's like a hound dog chasing a fox.  And when she doesn't catch it, it's the biggest tantrum you have ever seen.  Nope, not today!  I explained to her that she couldn't behave that way and no probs!  Amazing!


The next cutest thing ever was when I put her to bed tonight....I told Daniel to go in and say goodnight when he gets a moment from work.  A few minutes later he goes in and when he opens the door Adeline peeks up from under her covers and says "Daddy, close the door, I need to sleep." So my Daniel goes and gives her a hug and kiss and she says, "Ok Daddy, I love you but go...I need to sleep." What kid wants to go to bed?  All I have to say is...na-na-nana-na...mine!!!


And finally the best thing ever, in the whole wide world was this.  And if you have ever potty trained a child you will understand the joy I had when this happened...

I am sitting enjoying my evening episode of Brothers and Sisters and there is only about 10 minutes left and I hear, "Mommy" and I try and ignore it, hoping that she will go back to sleep..."Mommy"...not so lucky.  I get up and go check on her and she says all cranky "Mommy, I have to go poo poo." So of course, I rush her to to toilet and she's half asleep on the potty and says "I didn't want to go in my bed Mommy." And I am so excited because I see now that the training is finally over!!!!  I tell her how proud I am and that I am the luckiest mommy in the world to have such a wonderful little girl and she gets off the potty, she gives me another big hug and kiss and says "thanks mommy".  And she trots back to bed, gets under the covers and I am thinking, "damn, now I am going to have to sing and miss the end of my show." But she says "goodnight, you can go now Mommy."  


So I walk out and think to myself, do I have the best daughter ever or what!  (don't answer that, because I want to live in my own bliss please.)  She is great!  She listens and obeys and loves and cares and makes me feel so important....even when she tells me to leave her room...but is she supposed to be making me feel that way?...isn't it the wrong way around?  Or just maybe this is healthy and I need to stop analyzing my motherhood and enjoy this perfect relationship because I am sure it won't last.


Not even Adam and Eve could make it last. (sigh) 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber-
It's so great that you have this blog to detail these moments with Adeline. That's the way it was with you and Brian most of the time. You were so much fun as a kid. We used to do things spontainiously. Love you three,
G-Pa

Aunt Mary said...

You are so right, Amber. Enjoy the moments because they come and go so fast and before you know it, they are all grown up. It is truly a sign that she is growing up when she is not so demanding of you and your time. She is laundhing herself out into the world of independence, yet still needs to tell you she loves you parents and can't live without you. She is turning her back on her babyhood and moving into those grown up child years. Time for another one....:) We love you three so much and miss you. Hugs, Auntie M